The Allen Group Executives Accompany Dallas Mayor to Promote U.S., Mexico Trade
The Allen Group CEO, Richard Allen, and Leslie Jutzi, Director of Governmental Affairs and Community Relations, recently returned from a trip to Monterrey, Mexico with Dallas government officials and other local business leaders to promote trade between the twin inland ports: Dallas IIPOD and the Interpuerto. As a result of the trip, representatives from Mexico will visit Dallas next month to tour the IIPOD and explore shipments of goods to Mexico via the Lancaster Municipal Airport at the Dallas Logistics Hub.
The trade mission occurred Monday, January 28 through Thursday, January 31 and was led by Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert, Dallas City Council Members Tennell Atkins, Ron Natinsky, Steve Salazar, Pauline Medrano, and Jerry Allen, Dallas Economic Development Director Karl Zavitkovsky, and Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau Director Phillip Jones.
On the first day of the trip, the group attended a dinner reception with Tony Garza, U.S. Ambassador to Mexico. The following day the group met with Mexico’s Undersecretary of Infrastructure, Oscar de Buen Richkardys; Jaime Chico Pardo, President of Ideal; and Claudia Avila, of the Mexican Industrial Parks Association. That evening they attended a dinner with Marcelo Ebrard, Mayor of Mexico City. On Wednesday, the group held meetings with individuals from American Industries, Grupo Domos and Constructora Garza Ponce. They took a helicopter tour of the State of Nuevo Leon’s Interpuerto with Javier Francisco Alejo, former Ambassador and current Executive Director of INVITE, and Hugo Gonzalez Gonzalez also of INVITE. Following the helicopter tours, they attended a lunch at the Governor’s residence with José Natividad González Parás, Governor of the State of Nuevo Leon. The group also toured Santa Lucia, Monterrey’s Riverwalk, and the renovated steel mill, now museum – the Parque Fundidora, a prime example of the re-use of sustainable materials.
Additional business leaders on the trip included:
• Javier Espinosa, Vice President of HOK
• Ambassador Enrique Hubbard Urrea, Consul General of Mexico in Dallas, Texas
• Al Zapanta, President of U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce
• Steve Hanson, SVP Texas Health Resources
• Kristi Sherrill-Hoyl, Govt. Affairs, Baylor Health System
• Gilbert Aranza, Star Concessions, Ltd.
• Leslie Brand, Supply Chain Solutions, Inc.
• Hector Escamilla, Jr., President DFW 1031, Inc.
• Edwin Flores and Jerome Garza, Dallas ISD Board Member
• Joseph Lopano, EVP DFW Intl. Airport
• Benjamin Muro, Acme Brick Company
• Manuel Rajunov, Thompson & Knight, LLP
• CiCi Rojas, President Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Frank Rosello, Chairman of Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Sarah Carabias-Rush, Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Ann Crew, Mary Kay
• Rosy Guerra, Mary Kay Mexico
For more information about the Dallas Logistics Hub, please visit the Web site www.dallashub.com.