Chief Executive Officer, The Allen Group
Richard Allen, founder and Chief Executive Officer of The Allen Group, guides the Company’s strategic direction and oversees day-to-day operations for their major industrial developments throughout the United Sates.
Mr. Allen has been a lifelong entrepreneur developing new business enterprises for nearly 40 years. He started his career with a family enterprise, Imperial Cup Corporation, which was sold in 1989 and is now the cup manufacturing division of International Paper. He then founded his first wholly owned enterprise, The Allen Group (TAG), which developed office and industrial properties throughout the western United States. These diverse operations were sold to Kilroy Realty (NYSE:KRC) in 1997 and Mr. Allen joined their Board of Directors as a member of the Executive Committee.
In 2001, Mr. Allen began to develop a new business focus on rail served industrial parks. As a result of the success of the Company’s two major California industrial parks, ITTC and MS 99, he learned of the dynamic changes occurring in transportation and logistics. In 2004 he began land assemblage for what has become the largest new logistics park in North America, the 6,000-acre Dallas Logistics Hub. In 2006 the Company was selected by BNSF Railway as their development partner for the creation of Logistics Park Kansas City (LPKC). The LPKC partnership will create a new 1,000 acre logistics park anchored by a new BNSF intermodal facility to be built just outside of Kansas City, Kansas.
Mr. Allen is currently focused on the emerging opportunities in industrial development around rail and intermodal infrastructure. He has become a frequent speaker on how emerging trends are changing the location and design of these new Inland Ports, and his Company has become a national leader in the emerging field of logistics park development.
Some of Mr. Allen’s local honors include:
- The Lancaster Chamber of Commerce “Visionary Award”,
- The Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce “Development of the Year”,
- The Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce “Momentum Award” as “Workforce Catalyst”,
- The Black Contactors Association’s “New Comer of the Year”,
- The North Texas Council of Supply Chain Manager’s “Outstanding Commitment to Logistics” Award,
- The Dallas Business Journal’s “Best Deal Announced” and
- The DFW Minority Supplier Development Council’s “Those That Buy Us” Award. .